We’ve all wondered what we’d look like with a different eye colour. Luckily, modern cosmetics allow us to live out this fantasy; and as a makeup artist, Cosmetic contact lenses could be the most transformative tool in your arsenal.
Sechi Hair Academy is one of the best beauty schools in Melbourne. We are a fully accredited beauty school and hairdressing academy ready to offer you the best beauty tips and tricks in the trade.
So read on for our comprehensive cosmetic constant lenses style guide. We’ll give you the full run down on colour-matching and complementing your client’s “new eyes” with the perfect eyeshadow, lipstick and eyeliner shades.
Blue Contact Lenses
Willing to give a blue-eye gaze a try? We don’t blame you - blue contact lenses hold a naturally striking effect that will have all eyes on you.
Makeup Tips : Blue Contact Lenses
- Warm tones are king: Warm shades like peach, bronze, and coral can really work to make blue eyes pop. Take advantage of these hues in your eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick to create a warm and flattering look.
- Define with navy blue: Navy blue is a great alternative to black eyeliner for blue eyes. It's a softer tone that pairs more naturally with blue eyes, and is the best way to create more definition. Try using navy blue eyeliner or mascara shades to enhance your eyes.
- Try a champagne or gold eyeshadow: Champagne and gold eyeshadows are perfect for accentuating blue eyes. They add a touch of warmth and shine to your eyes, making them look brighter and more awake.
- Use a light-handed approach: Blue eyes are already striking, so you don't need to go overboard with your makeup. Use a light hand when applying eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick to create a natural and understated look.
Green Contact Lenses
Green-eyed beauties are lucky - it’s the rarest eye colour in the world! But why let them have all the fun? Green contact lenses give such an elevated, sexy yet soft look, however, many clients find that this shade can be tricky to style.
Makeup Tips: Green Contact Lenses
- Use complementary colours: When considering colour theory, green is opposite to red on the colour wheel, so naturally shades like cranberry, rust, and burgundy naturally are going to work really well with green eyes. Try incorporating these shades into your eyeshadow look.
- Pops of purple: Purple is another colour that highly accentuates green eyes. Try a bright purple eyeshadow or eyeliner to bring out the green in the eyes.
- Metallic eyeshadows: Metallic shades like gold, bronze, and copper can further add depth and dimension to green eyes. Apply a metallic eyeshadow to the centre of your eyelid to give your green eyes a little more sparkle.
- Use a brown eyeliner: Brown eyeliner is a great alternative to black for green-eyed gals. It's softer and more subtle, but still gives more of a naturally defined look when paired with green eyes.
Grey Contact Lenses
Grey eyes make for an icy cold, yet seductive stare that is just irresistible. This is a rare eye colour that many Clients will want to play around with using grey contact lenses, so here are some tips to really bring out those gorgeous cool hues.
Makeup Tips: Grey Contact Lenses
- Play with cool tones: Since grey eyes are a combination of blue and green tones, cool shades like silver, lavender, and mauve will really work to enhance this unique colour. Try incorporating these shades into your eyeshadow, eyeliner, or lipstick.
- Use a charcoal eyeliner: Charcoal is a great alternative to black eyeliner for grey-eyed beauties. It's a little lighter than pure black, and will look less harsh against your grey contact lenses.
- Try a smokey eye: A smokey eye is a classic makeup look that works really well to add more definition and dimension to grey eyes. Use dark, cool-toned shades to create a smokey effect, and blend well.
- Give it some shimmer: Shimmery eyeshadows can really make grey eyes sparkle. Applying a light, shimmery shade into the inner corners of your eyes will work to open and brighten them up.
Makeup is all about self-expression, and with coloured contact lenses, the options are endless!
At Sechi Hair Academy, our practical, on-site learning is up-to-date with all the latest trends and client needs. For an Accredited makeup and hairdressing course, Sechi Hair Academy provides the best beauty courses Melbourne has to offer.